Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter Storm

I got a free day off today. They were expecting icy roads so Waste Management shut down. And I have spent the last two days bundled under my FINISHED brown afghan. I caught up with TCC and also researched and wrote my book nomination.

I finished the brown afghan and got to the next quickest project I have started, which is the leaf coasters. As I stated in another post, I was to finish them and then pack them away with the other fall decor. But as I worked on the first I decided they were too small for coasters and were ugly to boot. Plus the fact I hate working plastic canvass brought me to my senses. Why do them? So I'm going to give them to my niece or my sister and move on to something I actually want to do.

On the green doilie front, I went to Hobby Lobby for the thread. They don't have it either. That just leaves Michaels. I don't have high hopes, but I do have enough iminagination to make up my own finish. But it is aggravating. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't start stockpiling the blue before it's gone too. The trouble is I don't know how much I'll need. The table cloth is huge and I'm making up the patterns for the sheers. All I know for sure is the four rolls I have here will never be enough.

Kimmie

No comments: