Wednesday, January 24, 2007

B & N Book Club

Good news. Barnes and Noble's book clubs are starting a Shakespeare club. First up will be "A Midsummer Night's Dream". That's off my list. I can't lose. Either I've read it and can join the discussion or I need to read it. There are 13 plays on my list but I've only read 3 (or 5 if you count Hamlet and Macbeth--I don't since I plan to read them again. You get more with each reading and it's been about 10 years.) Plus I already have the DVD and I have study notes so I'm good to go. The only problem is this will have to be done at home because there is no way I'm going to be lugging the leather bound "Complete Works of Shakespeare to work with me every day.

B&N is also having author led discussions on "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" with Kim Edwards and "The Boleyn Inheritance" with Philippa Gregory. I plan to join one of these also though I haven't decided which one. I've been so wrapped up in classics I've forgotten to read modern.

I've got to get to work on Plato's Republic. I've got to get that monkey off my back.

So for Febuary I have "A Midsummer Night's Dream", "House of Mirth", "Republic" and whichever modern I choose. Now that I've gotten caught up with all my New Year projects I think I can do it

Kimmie

No comments: