Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Next Reading List


I"m 4/5th's of the way through "The Executioner's Song". It's 1,000 pages and I've been on it a while, but I keep putting it down to read something else. Like "Crime and Punishment" for a book club. Or the entire Harry Potter series. But now it's the end of the month and both of my book clubs are starting new books. So I've got a new TBR list for September. So far I have "A Passage to India" for TheClassicsClub, "The Echo Maker" for Pulitzer_literature, "The Magician's Assistant" for the Unread Authors Challenge and "Empire Falls" for The BookAwardChallenge. And then there's "Don Quixote" for the Book of Great Books goal. That one looks to be a doozy.

And on top of that, I've began making the afghans I'm giving out at Christmas. I've made one and have three more to go. I'm also cross-stitching "Footprints" for my step-mother. Looks like house-cleaning will have to take a backseat.

3 comments:

Petunia said...

I love E.M. Forster, though I haven't read A Passage to India. And Don Quixote is a lot of fun. I needed encouragement to finish it when I was about 600 pages in. It was my first book over 300 pages. Fortunately there are a lot of smaller stories within the big story so it can be broken down into bite-sized chunks.

Stephanie said...

Looks like you've got a lot going. I've got to pick up A Passage to India from the library. I swear I had a copy, but darned if I can find it!!

You know...I think I have most of the books you listed on my TBR! I can't wait to see what you thought of them!

Kimmie said...

Petunia, te bite size chunks make it sound easier to tackle. I'm going along the list in "The
well-Educated Mind" and Quizote is first. But if you're gonna do it, do it right.
And Stephanie, believe it or not I bought 2 copies of "A Passage to India." I bought one July 21st and forgot. Luckily I hadnt bought "Love in the Time of Cholera" so I simply traded.