Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hurricane Ike



I am so far behind with the 888 challenge I don't think I can catch up. Hurricane Ike hit Houston and my life has been hectic. I work for Waste Management. My landfill has been too busy. Our hours were extended. I went through 4 weeks of only seeing my house on Sundays. I was gone during all daylight hours. I didn't have electricity for a month. I had to stay with friends for 2 1/2 weeks. They were 50 miles north and that added an extra hour of driving time daily.

During the last 8 weeks I've only managed to finish 4 books. And they've been books for my Yahoo Groups. I had The Far Pavillions from the library and only got halfway through it before I had to give it back. There's a waiting list for it so I felt guilty keeping it while someone else wanted it.

But hopefully I can get back on track now that things are settling down. But I don't think my 888 has a chance. But I plan on reading all the books anyway. I'll just call it 889.

No comments: