Thursday, August 14, 2008

Booking Through Thursday-Gold Metal Reading

Booking Through Thursday


You, um, may have noticed that the Olympics are going on right now, so that’s the genesis of this week’s question, in two parts:

First:

Do you or have you ever read books about the Olympics? About sports in general?
Fictional ones? Or non-fiction? Or both?
And, Second:

Do you consider yourself a sports fan?
Because, of course, if you’re a rabid fan and read about sports constantly, there’s a logic there; if you hate sports and never read anything sports-related, that, too … but you don’t have to love sports to enjoy a good sports story.
(Or a good sports movie, for that matter. Feel free to expand this into a discussion about “Friday Night Lights” or “The Natural” or whatever…)

No, No, and double no.

I did watch the USA girls gymnastics the other night and I'm keeping up with the medal count but that's about as far as it goes. I also own all my mothers figure skating books but I haven't read any of them.

I read Playing for Pizza which is about a football player. Does that count?

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hi Kimmie!

How did you like Playing for Pizza? I haven't read that one and it looked good.

Stephanie said...

Kimmie - You are just too funny!! I'm excited to watch the gymnastics tonight! One of my favorite parts of the Olympics!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SmilingSally said...

I think Playing for Pizza counts as a sports book. I haven't read that one yet.

Come see my answer.