Thursday, February 14, 2008

Booking Through Thursday-After the Honeymoon

Booking Through Thursday

Here’s something for Valentine’s Day.

Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?


I can't say I ever have. However, I have left genres behind. In high school I went through a lot of romance novels and you can barely get me to look at one these days, much less read it. I've had mystery phases and science fiction phases. I get tired of them and move on. But I eventually pick up another book. Just no more romance, thank you very much.

3 comments:

BookGal said...

I'd love a genre question for BTT. Maybe what genre have you discovered or abandoned over time. I agree - romances are out for me too.

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah....no romance books. Just can't take that kind of mush!!

Literary Feline said...

I can relate in regards to the romance novels. I learned my lesson with those and tend to mix up my reading to avoid the same kind of burnout from occurring again. I still go through my phases, but even among the mysteries, I mix the types up to keep it diverse.